Friday, August 29, 2014

Brewer

Please post your comments on the Brewer film below by next Tuesday 7th period.

15 comments:

  1. As a team we need to focus on pulling the passes and serve receive balls off the net in order to give our offense time to set up to be able to execute the ball. Individually i need to focus on implementing the practice I've had on swing blocking in the game, actually swing my arms instead of stopping the short and sometimes swatting. As a team serve receive and defense was very successful. Our passes on serve receive allowed for a greater first ball kill rate. Defense movement was very minimal therefore decreasing out of position errors, while blocking used their eye work to establish timing and placement of their hands. Personally I feel my success was in my hitting, I avoided only hitting with force but instead used my hot shots and hit off the net allowing me to see the holes in the other teams defense. I want to point out Presleigh's tremendous night last night. She really stepped out and showed great leadership and took charge of the court running a great offense. Her pancake was spectacular and the height and placement of her sets was what every hitter wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a team i think we need to work on running more play. And i think if we pull our passes of the net like Kelsie said it will help a lot. Personally, i think i need to work on my eye work and moving accordingly. As a team, we had a lot of great moments but i think we did great going to the center after every ball. We also did great handling 1st ball kills. Personally i think my serve receive was good this was due to my angles. Everyone did amazing last night. It is hard to point out just one person so i think two people did excellent. Taelour and Karoline complemented each other perfectly last night. Great job ladies!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK WARRIORS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a team we can do a better job at communicating on the court in general. Individually I can do a better job at reading the serve receive patterns and calling out holes and hot shots for the hitters. Our team was successful on defense, especially the blockers. We also did a great job on out of system! I was successful at implementing my angles on serve receive. When watching film one thing stuck out to me and that was the amount of times Maddie had served. She did a great job with her serving as well, she served more than twice each time but the best part about her serves was her technique. She used the technique Coach Cornell has taught us, from Katniss to torque, it was there every time. But great job ladies, let's keep up the hard work. -Taelour Moton

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing we need to work on as a team is running combos, and passing 3 balls on serve receive! No one will be able to beat us if we can improve that! I believe I need to work on noticing where the setter is when I'm serving so I can make it challenging for her to get the ball, another thing I need to work on is my hot shots so we can get out of panic. The team was really great and having the momentum and running with it, and when we lost the point we didn't get down on ourselves. I think I was successful at serving when I applied katniss. And not playing so timid. I think Sydney did a really great job at talk with the hitters and telling then what they are running and on what type of ball! So she did really great at that!
    Think about winning. Image winning. Win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) As a team i think we need to work on running combos in game situations as well as keeping the ball in play even though you may not get a perfect pass, set, etc.
    2) Individually, I need to work on seeing the court from the middle
    3) Despite losing a set, we were successful in maintaining a positive attitude and aggressiveness in all positions
    4) I was successful in blocking/ slowing down the ball
    5) Kels great serves!!! Your technique was A1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. As a team we should work on not panicking but being more controlling of balls that seem difficult to play.
    2. Individually i need to work on not missing ANY serves and my setting (shuffling) footwork.
    3. As a team we were very successful in playing through even if we were down. We're doing well at being the first to 5, 10, 15, and 20 points. Our last 5 points are strong, allowing us to finish strong.
    4. I was successful in allowing the outsides more time to transition off on my bump-sets.
    5. SOMTO! Way to be aggressive, we love seeing you swinging! And your blocks were AMAZING.
    Keep up the great work, love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. As a team I believe we need to work on not playing down to another's teams level and to stay consistent at our own game.
    2.Individually, I need to work on my setter footwork.
    3. As a team we successfully kept a positive and motivated attitude even after we lost the second game.
    4. I was successful in making all my serves.
    5. Somto did a great job of reading the hitters. Her blocks were spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. As a team i think we need to work on getting our setters off the net so we can do more fun things with our hitters, more communication and more celebration when someone does something really nice on the court.
    2. one thing i need to work on personally is swinging all the way through and finding those hot shots.
    3. One thing i think the team was really successful on was how our energy was up the whole time and that we never really played to their level. We played at our speed and our level of play.
    4. i think i was successful on cheering the team on, and serving on the seams of brewers passers.
    5. SYD! you did great talking to your hitters and being more vocal! KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. As a team I feel like we need to communicate about what's happening on both sides of the court.
    2. One thing I need to work on is swing blocking. I do too much arm movement which makes me late to close the block and I need to turn my body more so it will face the net.
    3. One thing we did successfully as a team was kept our energy and our hustle up the entire time.
    4. I think my serves were very successful this game. I'm really glad that I didn't miss any and they were still aggressive.
    5. Taelour had amazing angles Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing we need to work on as a team is calling out everything we read, I think making eachothers jobs easier will make us unstoppable as a team :). One thing I need to work on individually is not jerking when I'm passing, and just staying still and calm. We did very good on our blocks! Thanks front row!! I think y'all used the technique coach cornell showed you guys very we'll and on time. I think I was successful in reading this game. I think Somto did really good finding spots that were open and on swinging aggressively! Great job ladies let's do it again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. As a team I think we should work on serve receive locations. Sometimes we put the setter too far back into right sides area. Also we could work on bettering the ball on every contact. A great pass can make and amazing set that could turn into a fierce kill.
    2. One thing that has always been a problem area for me is serve receive. I need to focus and get more consistent. As I had a few out of system balls that I did not better.
    3. As a team I think we did very well responding to timeouts and not letting the other teams time outs affect our serves. We did a great job celebrating after our big points.
    4. An area that I thought I was successful in was defensive. I covered and took care of free balls.
    5. A teammate that I would like to celebrate is Somto. She stay aggressive at the net and really took care of the ball when it came time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One area I think we should work on as a team is calling out whats happening in the game wayyyyy more and being more aggressive. I believe that even the people on the bench she be able to hear the people on the court and know exactly what going on the other side of the net. I also think that we should like be more intimidating when we warm up. One thing I need to work on is controlling the net more and always be the better middle across the net. Umm, I think we were successful in digging. I thought I was successful on my b's. I thought that Eryn and Kathryn did really good when they went in! They went in loud and controlled what happened on the court! I also think that Eryn gave alot of effort when she went for that sprawl. I also think Kathryn did really good on serve receive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a team I feel we need to communicate more to the people on the court if we are on the bench. I feel I need to work on is being more confident when I step out on the court and believe on myself that I will get a good pass. We did great at serve recieve and first ball kill. We went for Every ball and hustled no matter what. I feel i did good when I sprawled knowing that I catch myself every time I try to sprawl. I think taelour did great at her serves because they were aggressive and tough for the other team. She also did great at taking control and talking to her teamates.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1) As a team I think we should run more combos and not panicking as much.
    2) one thing I need to work on is my eye work when blocking.
    3) one thing we did successful as a team was keeping it higher level.
    4) one thing I think I did successfully was transitioning.
    5) Somto did amazing Friday night I loved seeing her swing!!
    Overall I thought everyone did a great job

    ReplyDelete